“And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant,” —Matthew 20:27.
Many churches nowadays have bus ministries. Some do not. A bus ministry is a way to encourage others to attend church through being a servant to them. Some people would be willing to take Jesus as their Saviour, but we do not reach out to them. When we help them get to church and ride with them as they share their burdens with us, we can share Jesus with them.
Things to Learn
- Ride the bus for one season (spring, summer, winter, fall)
- Develop a prayer list of the bus riders and pray for them during the season.
- Bring treats along for two of the bus rides.
- Visit the route four times.
- Sweep and clean the bus four times.
- Do another job for the bus captain four times.
This is our first year actively utilizing the Keepers of the Faith Curriculum. We are doing the girls and boys in our church home school group. One of the greatest things for us is that we were able to incorporate other church members in the teaching of the curricula. For instance, one of our elder ladies is teaching the hand sewing, our pastor's wife is teaching sign language, a Spanish member is teaching the foreign language, etc. It exposes our children to a variety of leaders within our church, new interests, and utilizes talents of others.